Samplings of My Work

Samplings of My Work

Translate

Thursday, November 17, 2016

WOW

OMG...I have not posted here in over 2 years. I'm surprised it's still here. I'll be even more surprised if anyone reads this. Oh well.

Life has a way of doing that. Every once in a while I visit a few of my favorite blogs just to see what they are up to. I'm working a job now that once a month (unless someone is on vacation) that I work a midnight (3rd) shift, from 10pm to 6am. So I have time to burn on the internet. What better way to burn time than read blogs? :)

I don't have time otherwise to keep up with my blog(s) anymore. I actually thought about deleting them but I have a lot of pics and memories that I just can't let go of. Mostly my fur babies.

Speaking of.........I now have 2 inside cats and 5 outside cats. Nubby and Mister are inside, and outside I have Pretty Boy (who is totally feral), Minnie (not very feral), QueekyDeek (partially feral), Sophie (not feral but bites if she smells another cat on me), and Swinky (not feral) who goes between my house and a couple houses down the road.

I think Pretty Boy is one of my babies, that got run over out at the road last year, daddy. The markings and colorings are the same. And I am almost positive that he is partially blind and deaf. I can get almost right upon him before he knows I am there. Unless he smells me. Then he's trotting off into the woods just far enough so he can watch me to make sure I don't get close. He is a beautiful cat with beautiful blue eyes. I wish I could pet him.

Sophie came from NC. One of my friends has MS and she got to a point where she couldn't take care of herself, let alone a cat. Sophie is 14. I drove all the way to NC to get her and bring her here. I had her in the house with us and it caused nothing but chaos for Nubby, who was scared to death of her, and Mister, who disappeared for 5 days because of her. Mister is an inside/outside cat. Though lately I have not let him out because he plays hell getting back in the house. Between Minnie and Queeky chasing him, and Sophie being the bitch she is.  And Sophie bit me 4 times. After the last time I had had it. I put her butt outside. She doesn't like it, but I don't like being bit. Nubby was so scared of her that when I brought Sophie home, Nubby didn't pee for two days and then couldn't hold it anymore and peed on my brand new mattress that I had less than two weeks.  The litter box was in the bathroom next to the room that I had put Sophie in. She wouldn't use it. I had to move the litter box into the living room behind a chair so that she would start using it. I felt bad for Nubby AND Sophie. Both of their lives were upended. That's what happens when you try to do something nice.

ANYWAYS....on the crochet front.......not so much. I am getting arthritis in my hands and I can only crochet for so long. I haven't done a whole lot in the past year. I am still making things for the BG's to put at Warrior's Walk, but I think this may be my last year. Maybe. I have made some hats. Hats are quick and easy. I give them away for runs for the BG's and other organizations to use as door prizes. I've sold a few along the way. Not many.

On the sewing front.......well, Sophie was using that room for a while. When I put her out I got my sewing room back. But with work and other things going on it's hard to sit down and dedicate my time to making something. I love making animals/dolls. I wish I could retire and do more of that.

So, I won't make any promises of trying to keep this blog up. It occurs to me that I lied before about that. Maybe I'll make it back before another 2 years passes by. Maybe. :)

TTFN
Kat

2 comments:

Mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
XKY France said...


 Thank you for such a great post you wrote here and I'm very obliged to write an article here on the benefit of herbal herbs.I am 29 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer, ease of treatment and a similar story, except for my first acceptance as a rejection of herbal medicine. I was not part of the Perseid movement and did not really build relationships with any of them, I just believed in their operation. I say this because it was during the use of Dr. Itua herbal medicine that I now attest that herbal medicine is real, the phytotherapy Dr. Itua heals my breast cancer which I suffered for 2 years. Dr. Itua herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same breast cancer or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer. , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / MAN, LOT OF LOVE, LOTTERY. ITS CONTACT EMAIL / WHATSAPP: Or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ +2348149277967